Book your Field Trip or Workshop here!
FOSSICKING FIELD TRIPS
Friday 12 March
Field Trip 1: Glencoe
Experienced gem hunters can fossick for Sapphire, Zircon and Garnet with minimum guidance on this field trip. Two wheel drive access.
Field Trip 2: Wellingrove
This field trip is for intermediate fossickers, two wheel drive access, opportunity to find Sapphire, Zircon and Quartz Crystals.
Saturday 13 March
Field Trip 3: Crosmaglen
This field trip is for intermediate fosscikers, two wheel drive access, chance to discover Sapphire, Zircon and Garnet
Field Trip 4: Kookabookra
This field trip is two wheel drive to the edge then four wheel drive to site. Novice to intermediate with chance to discover Topaz and Quartz
Sunday 14th March
Field Trip 5: Bullabinda Family Fun Day
Bring the kids along for a family fun day of fossicking at Bullabinda. Guides will provide a Fossicking talk and demonstration.
Field Trip 6: Metal Detecting
Something different in 2021, learn tips on how to get the best out of your metal detector and the opportunity to find WW1 relics at an untouched site.
FIELD TRIP DEPARTURES
Where: Assemble each day in the suitably signed meeting area at the Glen Innes Showgrounds.
When: 9.00 am sharp departure. Please arrive between 8am – 8.30am for registration. This is a good time to talk to others over a coffee or breakfast and it would be appreciated if all arrive in plenty of time to depart from Bourke St gate 9.00 am. Field trips conclude at 4pm. If you require to leave earlier, all attendees must advise their trip leader.
Indemnity Forms available at the registration area. It is a requirement that each individual and child has completed and signed indemnity form for the duration of Minerama Field Trips.
- All children must be supervised by adults.
- Attendees to bring their own food & drinks/water as none will be supplied.
- Often field trip sites do not offer shade protection. Ensure you wear comfortable clothing, hats, sunscreen and sturdy shoes.
- Attendees are required to bring their own fossicking equipment, available for purchase at the showgrounds or hire from the Glen Innes Visitor Information Centre. For the metal detecting trip attendees are required to bring their own metal detector.
- Registration between 8am and 8.30am at the Glen Innes Showground, convoy parking along Bourke Street. Meet the team leader and briefing session. Please bring your tickets to collect your wristbands.
- In the case of extreme weather events field trips may be cancelled, in this circumstance tickets will be refunded.
- Refunds will not be available for change of mind or non appearance, ticket terms and conditions available through or ticket provider.
Learn a new craft when you visit the Glen Innes Highlands for the Minerama Fossicking Gem & Jewellery show. The following workshops are on offer.
Learn the art of Viking Knitting. In this two hour course you will receive a starter kit which includes 4 metres tarnish resistant wire to make a bracelet. You will also receive a length of dowel, starting wire, magnetic clasp, handmade drawing plate and full instructions.
Friday 12th March – 2pm-4pm – Glen Innes Showgrounds
Saturday 13th March – 2pm-4pm – Glen Innes Showgrounds
Sunday 14th March – 11am-1pm – Glen Innes Showgrounds
The Minerama Fossicking, Gem & Jewellery Show is a registered Covid Safe Event. Minerama has a Covid-19 Safety Plan in place which follows NSW Health legislation in regards to physical distancing, regular sanitising and contact tracing. People entering Minerama will need to register via QR code or manual sign in. Please do not attend Minerama if you are feeling unwell or are showing any cold or flu symptoms.