Gem Festival in Glen Innes Highlands
The Minerama Fossicking, Gem & Jewellery Show
12, 13 and 14 March 2021
We are excited to a have a full program of outdoors adventure. Families, gem nuts and rock hounds will love our show, the largest of its kind in NSW. Here is some of what we have in store.
Minerama On Site
Gem Traders & Merchants
You’ll find one of the largest displays of gemstones and jewellery in one place at Minerama.
Trading Hours Friday 12th, Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th March 2021
9:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday
9:00 am to 3:00 pm Sunday
Fossicking lessons at the showgrounds
Kids fossicking activity will be available on Showground site.
Fossicking Field Trips
From all levels to advanced field trips, Minerama has a great day out planned for Fossickers during Minerama 2021.
Fossicking field trips are offered Friday 12th and Saturday 13th March and bookings are essential as places are limited.
Field Trip tickets and details are available here.
Workshops At Showgrounds
Visitors to Minerama can also book a workshop at the Showgrounds this year we have Viking knitting workshops – schedule, fees and bookings available through our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is entry?
Entry to Minerama is by Gold Coin Donation to local charities. Volunteers will be ready at gates to take your donation and ensure Covid registrations rules are followed.
Will there be food available?
Yes! Minerama has many stall holders and a variety of food available from.
Where can I park?
There is limited parking via Torrington Street
Off street parking is available on Torrington, George, Bourke & Hunter Streets.
Pedestrian access is through the gates of Torrington and Bourke Streets.
Disabled parking is available through Bourke Street gates. All cars will be required to display a current ‘disabled parking’ pass at all times to access this service.
Can I bring my dog?
Minerama is a dog friendly venue, however no dogs will be permitted inside the pavilions. Owners are responsible for their dogs and must always be kept on a leash in public unless in an off-leash area, and please clean up after your pet.
Remember Minerama is a Non -Smoking event
What do I need to bring for my Fossicking Field Trip?
For Fossicking Field Trips we’ve included a list of the equipment you need to bring including your own equipment*:
- Water and drinks
- Crevicing tools
- For Glencoe and Crossmaglen locations a Crowbar to share amongst group
- Container for putting finds in, encourage a secure lid for sapphire locations (eg medicine bottle, vitamin container, small vegemite/peanut butter type jar)
- Larger container for Kookabookra
*Your own equipment is required for all field trips except the Family Fun Day.
What do I need to bring for the Metal Detecting Field Trip?
- Water and drinks
- Metal detector
- Shovel and bucket or similar to dig finds in afternoon relic season
Visit Emmaville Mining Museum
- Just 30 minutes drive from Glen Innes to view the huge collection of gems and minerals plus mining memorabilia from days of old including Chinese tin mining history.
- Open 10am – 4pm, closed Thursdays. $2 entry.
- View the nationally renowned Curnow mineral collection plus the Jillet, Gilbey and Maskey Collections.
- See over 300 photographs of mines and miners, Emmaville & local community.